Leading WomenNovember 11, 2018
ROYAL BLOODLINE #3
Matthew 1:1-6 / November 11, 2018
DESPERATE FOR JUSTICE (TAMAR – v. 3, Deuteronomy 25:5, Genesis 38, Genesis 49:8-10, Isaiah 11:1-9). “…she is more righteous than I…”
SEEKING TO BE SAVED (RAHAB – v. 5, Joshua 2:12-13, Hebrews 11:31, Zephaniah 3:19, Matthew 1:21) “…give me a sure sign that you will save alive…and deliver our lives from death.”
DESIRING REDEEMING LOVE (RUTH – v. 5, Ruth [especially 3:9], Galatians 4:4&5, Ephesians 2:12&13) “…spread your wings over your servant, for you are a redeemer.”
THIS GENEALOGY IS PERSONAL (Matthew – Matthew 9:10&11, 11:19, 21:31&32) “…the Son of Man…a friend of tax collectors and sinners…”
- Pray “thy kingdom come, thy will be done ___________, as it is in heaven” every day this week, filling in the blank with your personal location (ie. Home, school, work, neighborhood, etc...).
- Pray for God to show our community the ridiculous love of Jesus through the ridiculous love of the people of Eastview during our Imagine campaign. Pray for volunteers. Pray for the names of those you are buying coats and toys for (see trees in atrium).
- Pray for our upcoming short term trips with our new global partnership in El Salvador. Pray that God will use Jesus’ church to change the lives of thousands and come to faith in Christ.
- Pray for a chance to invite a friend who doesn’t know Jesus to Christmas at Eastview. Pray that hundreds will make decisions for Jesus during this season of celebrating the King who has come into this world.
- Pray for your Eastview pastors. Ask God to give them strength, fill them with the Spirit, and bring them joy in serving at Eastview. Focus on one or two of the pastors you’re closest to and lift them up by name.