Who is Jesus?February 10, 2019
“Who is Jesus?”
Matthew 16:13-23 / February 10, 2019
A question that just won’t go away
JUST ANOTHER PROPHET?
- John the Baptist (Matthew 14:2)
- Elijah (Malachi 3:23)
WHO I WANT HIM TO BE!
- “…on this rock I will build my church…” (v. 18)
- “This shall never happen to you” (v. 22)
- Good confession (v. 16)
- Death, burial, resurrection (v. 21)
- “What shall we do?” (Acts 2:36-38)
- Pray for the three people you have identified in the Witness3 challenge. Ask God to move them close to Jesus and to faith in following him as Lord and Savior.
- Pray for the Jr. High and High School students who have experienced REVIVE 2019. Ask God to move in them greatly and to use them to change the world as they live out their faith in their schools, community, and homes.
- Pray for our Upward Basketball leagues. Pray for the students who are playing and that their parents, siblings and relatives may see the love of Jesus in our gym every Saturday.
- Pray for our Dangerous Witness Training night February 26th. Plan on coming and learning how to share your faith.
- Pray for God to bless the children, family, and teachers at Bent Elementary School. May they feel the love of Jesus through our gifts, service, and love.