Authority to CleanseMarch 17, 2019
MIRACLE KINGDOM #1
“Authority to Cleanse”
Matthew 7:28-8:4 / March 17, 2019
“By what authority are you doing these things, and who gave you this authority?” Matt. 21:23
JESUS – “AS ONE WHO HAD AUTHORITY” (7:28&29)
- “not as their scribes”
- Jesus’ teaching
A LEPER’S REQUEST FOR CLEANSING – “YOU CAN MAKE ME CLEAN” (vs. 1&2)
- Outsider (Leviticus 13&14, Numbers 12:10)
JESUS’ WILL TO CLEANSE – “I WILL, BE CLEAN” (v. 3)
- Touched (Leviticus 5:3)
- Cleansed (Hebrews 9:22, I John 1:9, Ephesians 5:26)
TESTIMONY OF THE CLEANSED – “GO, SHOW YOURSELF…AS A PROOF TO THEM” (v. 4)
- Show yourself (Leviticus 13&14)
- Point to Jesus (Matthew 11:5)
- Pray for those you know as outsiders, either physically, socially, spiritually, or all three. Ask God to touch them and cleanse them through your life.
- Pray for an opportunity this week to point someone to Jesus by showing what he has done in your life.
- Pray for our preaching/teaching team as they go to to India this week to preach, teach, encourage, and bless CICM with “Kingdom Come” gift of $90K. Pray for J.K., Jim, Mike, Sara, Charlie, Luke, and Tommy.
- Pray for Easter Sunday, four weeks from today. Pray for God to cleanse thousands because of his authority over sin and death.