Authority Over SinApril 14, 2019
MIRACLE KINGDOM #5
“Authority Over Sin”
Matthew 9:1-7 / April 14, 2019
TWO WORDS FROM JESUS FOR THOSE WHO ARE PARALYZED (see also Mark 2:1-12 and Luke 5:17-26)
- “YOUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN” (v. 2)
- Jesus saw their faith (v. 2)
- Jesus [knowing] saw the evil in their hearts (v. 4, Isaiah 43:25, Romans 3:23)
- The Son of Man has authority (v. 6, Daniel 7, I Corinthians 15:56&57, Romans 6:23)
- “RISE, PICK UP YOUR BED AND GO HOME” (v. 6)
- “Walk” (Romans 6:4)
- “Rise” (Acts 22:16, Acts 2:38)
- Pray every day for the people you know who are paralyzed with their sin, their past, their doubts, and their pain (the three people you’ve been praying for).
- Ask God to move by his Spirit to move your friends to take a step of obedient faith and receive the forgiveness offered through Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection.
- Ask God to fill Eastview’s places of worship with thousands who don’t know Jesus on Easter Sunday.
- Pray for God to use every Eastview servant on Easter Sunday to lift up and point to the risen Lord. From parking lot attendants, to greeters and ushers, to musicians and preachers, to Eastview kids workers and Cafe’ 19 workers, to tech teams and online pastors, to family room hosts and every member in attendance; may God use each to draw them to his Son, Jesus.
- Ask God to help you think of creative ways to get your lost friends into the presence of Jesus by inviting them to church Easter Sunday (don’t forget online).