Blessed - Redefined May 5, 2019
KINGDOM OF GRACE #1
“Blessed - Redefined”
Matthew 5:1-12 / May 5, 2019
• “BLESSED” ACCORDING TO ABRAHAM (AND 21ST CENTURY AMERICA – Genesis 12:1-3, 15:1-16)
o Family (kids like the stars)
o Inheritance (land)
o Prosperity (wealth)
o Victory (defeat enemies)
• BLESSED CHRIST FOLLOWING PURSUITS
o The meek (v. 5)
o Those who hunger and thirst for righteousness (v. 6)
o The merciful (v. 7)
o The pure in heart (v. 8)
o The peace makers (v. 9)
• BLESSED CHRIST FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES
o Poor in spirit (v. 3)
o Those who mourn (v. 4)
o Those who are persecuted (v. 10)
o Those who are spoken evil of (v. 11)
• Pray for God’s mercy on your life to translate into mercy for those in your life
• Pray for God to help you hunger and thirst for righteousness and tell Him a spiritual discipline you intend to start practicing to wet your appetite.
• Pray for God to purify your heart by the Spirit living in you. Confess anything that is keeping your heart from being wholly his.
• Pray for God to give you strength in your mourning now - whatever pain you are experiencing. Pray for those you know who are in mourning now - ask for God’s comfort.
• Thank God for all the blessings he has blessed you with in Christ Jesus. Name them one by one and thank him for each.