A King OpposedDecember 9, 2018
COMING KING #2
“A king opposed”
Matthew 2:1-12, 16-18 / December 9, 2018
KING HEROD: Troubled. Furious. Murderous. (vs. 1-8, 16-18; Luke 1:5, Jeremiah 31:5)
- Herod “the Great”
- “…a ruler who will shepherd…”
LEADERS OF THE PEOPLE: Comfortable. Knowledgeable. Apathetic. (vs. 3-6, Micah 5:2)
- Chief priests and scribes
- “…the Christ…” in Christmas
WISE MEN: Seeking. (vs 1&2, Daniel 1:20, Jeremiah 29:13, Matthew 7:7)
- Far away?
- Jeremiah 29:13
- Pray for someone by name who needs to hear the message of Christ’s birth and ask God to open a door for you to invite them to Eastview on Christmas Eve.
- Pray for our worship leaders, instrumentalists, and vocalists who lead us in musical worship each week. Ask God to give them strength during this holiday season.
- Pray that God will help the new-born Christians from last week’s baptism Sunday to grow in him.
- Pray for our Expanding Ministry Offering next week and keep praying for God to give you a financial blessing, so you can expand the kingdom influence of Eastview this Christmas.
- Pray for our brothers and sisters at Mt. Pisgah church as they mourn the death of their long-time leader, Pastor McSwain.