Jump / BowJanuary 27, 2019
CONTRAST #’s 2&3
“Jump / Bow”
Matthew 4:5-11 / January 27, 2019
THE DEVIL: FAMILIAR TEMPTATION TACTICS (I Peter 5:8, Ephesians 6:11)
- Passion, pride, power (Genesis 3)
- Jump (pride) – Question God and twist his word (vs. 5&6, Psalm 91:11&12)
- Bow (power) – Offer worldly kingdoms now (v. 8)
JESUS: RECOGNIZING AND RESISTING TEMPTATION
- Focus on God - “…the Lord your God…” (v. 7, 10b; Deut. 8:3, 6:16, 6:13)
- Know some Scripture – “It is written…” (Ephesians 6:17b)
- Tell the Devil to get lost (Matthew 16:23, Matthew 6:13, James 4:7, Hebrews 2:14-18, Revelation 12:12 and 20:10)
- Pray for each of the three people you have chosen to pray for during the Witness3 challenge. Take some time to write them on the glass walls in the upper and lower atrium. Ask God to draw them into a life of faith and following Jesus. Pray for each of them by name, noting the specific things in each of their lives where they need Jesus’ saving grace.
- Pray for our Dangerous Witness training night, February 26th. Pray that Eastview Christian Church will grow in our intentional dangerous witness in 2019.
- Pray for the 200+ who took a step of faith Sunday to line themselves up with Eastview’s vision and become members of our church. Pray each will find their place and purpose in the body of Christ here.
- Pray for our video teaching team as they head west this week to film lessons for this fall’s all-church study, “Cost”. Pastor Mike and Sara, Shawn, Sandi, Jason Sn., and David
- Pray “Lord, lead me not into temptation but deliver me from evil.”