Missing JesusFebruary 17, 2019
Matthew 17:1-13 (see also Mark 9:2ff & Luke 9:28ff) / February 17, 2019
MOUNTAIN TOP EXPERIENCE
- Moses and Elijah (Deuteronomy 18:15-19, Malachi 4:5, Revelation 11:6, Luke 9:31)
- Transfigured Jesus (Hebrews 1:3, Philippians 2:6&7)
IMPERFECT FOLLOWER RESPONSE (Peter, James, and John – Matthew 4:18ff, 10:2ff, 26:36; Mark 5:37 & Luke 8:51)
- Missing Jesus’ superiority (v. 4-5, Hebrews 3:3)
- Missing God’s plan (vs. 4, 9-13, II Peter 1:16-19a)
- Fall (“…fell on their faces and were terrified…” v. 6, see Mark 9:6)
- Focus (“…no one but Jesus only…” v. 8, Matthew 5:17)
- Follow (“listen to him” vs 5b & 9)
- Pray for Pastor Jordan and Jessica Rice and the work of Renaissance, our sister church in Harlem. Pray for wisdom as they lead and Holy Spirit power to fill them and their church.
- Pray for our Dangerous Witness night, February 26th. Pray that God will stir in us a passion for living lives of witness and pray that God will use that night as a catalyst for sending workers into the harvest of Bloomington/Normal and beyond
- Pray for the three names you have identified since Pastor Mike challenged us January 20th on vision Sunday. Pray for these three daily. Write them on the glass partitions at church. Pray for an open door to invite them to church, or into your home, or other social activity.
- Pray for our newly baptized Christ followers from last Sunday. Pray that they can grow in Christ as they are built up the family of Jesus known as Eastview church.
- Pray for our elders: Chad, Austin, Steve, Rod, John A., John M., Barton, and Mike