Authority to HealMarch 24, 2019
MIRACLE KINGDOM #2
“Authority to Heal”
Matthew 8:5-13 / March 24, 2019
“Jesus’ Kingdom authority heals our lives to the degree we invite Him in.”
Who is this man? (v. 5-6)
- A man with earthly authority
- A man who finds himself out of control
- What’s currently beyond your control that Jesus alone must heal?
Our faith and His authority (v. 7-9)
- Do I know myself? - “I’m not worthy” / “I don’t deserve”
- Do I know Him? - “Say the word”
Jesus takes note (v. 10)
- “Marveled” / “Astonished”
- God’s strongest reactions to faith (Matt 8:10, Mark 6:6, Rev. 3:14-16)
- Where can I increase my faith?
Jesus takes control (v. 11-13)
- Public Service Announcement… “attention Sons/Subjects of the Kingdom”
- Jesus’ Kingdom authority
- Who can I intercede for?
- Pray for the people in your life who need healing that you can intercede for like the Centurion and his servant.
- Pray for one opportunity this week to point someone to Jesus by showing what he has done in your life.
- Pray for our preaching/teaching team as they travel around India this week with CICM leaders to preach, teach, encourage other pastors.
- Pray for Easter Sunday, four weeks from today. Who is one family or friend that you can invite?