Not DeadApril 21, 2019
MIRACLE KINGDOM #6
Matthew 9:18-26 / April 21, 2019
PAIN: the context of resurrection (Mark 5:21-43, Luke 8:40-56)
- “…My daughter has just died…” (v. 18, see Mark 5:35, Luke 8:42)
- “…a woman who had suffered…for twelve years…” (v. 20, see Luke 8:43)
- “…Christ died for our sins…” (I Corinthians 15:3, John 20:10, Luke 24:21)
BELIEF OR DISBELIEF: the choice of resurrection
- “…lay your hand on her, and she will live…” (v. 18)
- “…If I only touch his garment, I will be made well…” (v. 21)
- “…and they laughed at him…” (v. 24, John 11:25&26)
NOT DEAD: result of resurrection
- “…your faith has made you well…” (v. 22)
- “…the girl arose…” (v. 25b, Matthew 11:4)
- “He is not here, for he has risen, as he said…” (Matthew 28:6, I Corinthians 15:4, I Corinthians 15:26)
- Pray for God to do something miraculous in the hearts of any visitor who may be a bit skeptical about the resurrection story.
- Pray for the words of Jesus, “not dead”, that they will resurrect thousands of lives (Your life? Your family’s life? Your friend’s life) this on this Sunday.
- As you enter for worship, pray for Pastor Mike to speak boldly, clearly, and joyfully the good news of the resurrection of Jesus.
- Pray for seeds to be planted for visitors, friends and family to return next Sunday to start or continue their journey with Jesus.
- Pray for our Eastview Kids staff and volunteers today that God will use them to plant to greatest story every told deeply in the heart of the children God entrusts to us.