Authority with CompassionApril 28, 2019
MIRACLE KINGDOM #7
“Authority with Compassion”
Matthew 9:27-38 / April 28, 2019
Mike Baker – Normal Campus
- AUTHORITATIVE TEACHING – “Teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel” (v. 35a, see also Matthew 4:23-25, 7:29)
- AUTHORITATIVE HEALING – “healing every disease and affliction…” (v. 35b, vs. 27-34, see also Matthew 8:16-17)
- WHY? “…he saw the crowds…he had compassion on them…” (v. 36, Ezekiel 34, Matthew 14:14, 15:32, 20:34, Luke 15:20)
- NOW WHAT? “…then he said to his disciples…” (vs. 37&38)
· Pray for God to continue to move in the lives of all those who attended the Easter weekend services. Pray for a great harvest of souls.
· Pray for Eastview to continue to be the place that provides authoritative preaching and teaching based on the written word of God, the Bible.
· Pray for Eastview to continue to grow in as a place of authoritative healing in this community and the world.
· Pray for the upcoming Serve Project that we will bring healing to Bloomington/Normal in a tangible way through our ridiculous love.
· Pray for Eastview to see the need of “the crowds” around us and for us to have the compassion of Jesus when we do.
· Pray for Jesus to send workers into his harvest and ask him what part of the harvest he has for you.