ContentmentJuly 21, 2019
SUMMER ON THE MOUNT #12
KINGDOM OF GROWTH
Matthew 6:25-34 / July 21, 2019
Sentinels of the Soul // Comprehensive Care for Anxiety
Genesis 3 > Revelation 19: Abraham, Moses, David, Elijah, Nehemiah, Ezra, Esther, John the Baptist, Martha, Peter, Paul, Timothy, Titus, Corinthian Spouses, Philippian Givers, etc
• Anxiety Alerts – Matthew 6.25, 31, 34
o Needs, Matt 6.26-27 (Matt 6.11,25.35-46; 2 Thessalonians 3.10)
o Wants, Matt 6.28-30 (1 Kings 10.14-29; Romans 8.18; 1 Corinthians 15.35-58; 2 Corinthians 3.18, 4.16-18; Philippians 3.21)o Tomorrows, Matt 6.32-34 (Matt 6.19-24, Philippians 4.6-7; 1 Peter 5.6-7)
Thy ‘Great Faithfulness’ (Lamentations 3.22-23) Grows Our ‘Little Faith’ (Matt 6.30)
Scriptures to Pray with regards to Anxiety:
• Lamentations 3.22-24: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.”
• John 16.33: “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
• Romans 8.18: For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
• Romans 15.13: May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
• 2 Corinthians 4.16-18: So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light and momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
• Philippians 4.6-7: ….do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
• 1 Peter 5.6-7: Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.