Small Group Serving
One time or ongoing serving opportunities:
- Window Cleaning
- Tree Ring and flower bed cut ins
- Sunday Atrium (upper & lower) table cleaning & floor sweeping
One time serving:
- Tree cutting & wood chipping (adults only)
Contact Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Small Groups may take a Sunday evening or a day during the week to serve in the Cafe area and Kiosks.
Contact Lora at email@example.com for more info.
Looking for Small Groups to serve lunch or dinner to guests attending First Steps. It's a two-hour commitment and we ask the group to provide desserts and drinks for approximately 50 guests. It's easy and a great way to welcome new members! Contact Valerie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Small Groups are welcome to serve within Guest Services. Help is needed with the Parking Team, Greeting, Communion Prep, 5:00 PM Guest Service Team. Contact Mark at email@example.com for more info.
Help needed all 3 services- any Sunday. Volunteers would be required to sign a release form and would not be responsible for teaching or changing diapers.
Small groups could come in periodically and do some extensive deep cleaning in the nursery area.
Contact Valerie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on either of these serving opps.
Here are a few events that small Groups could help with.
- Saturday, Nov. 11th: 7:30 AM-3:00 PM; 2nd-5th grade Upward Basketball Evaluations in the Gym
- Men’s basketball on Thursday evenings from 8:30-10:30 pm in the gym. Also opportunities to lead Bible studies on these nights.
Contact Doug at email@example.com for more information.
Home Sweet Home Ministries
- Sorting donations at the Donation Processing Center located at 1700 W Washington with entry off Euclid. They accept groups up to 25 in size; everyone must wear tennis shoes or closed toed shoes. No children under 12 years of age. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 8:30am to 4:00 pm.
- A group could help with a Craft/Activity time with the children residing at HSHM or provide daycare for a Mom’s Morning Out. Mom’s Morning Out usually takes place on a Saturday morning from 9-11am. The Craft/Activity time may take place in early evening hours or a Saturday. Children may participate with their parents for this event.
- Host a drive for items needed. The Small Group would be connected with the Donor Relations Coordinator for the items that are in low supply.
All volunteers must submit a volunteer application before they can volunteer at HSHM. This application is found on our website under the Participate section.
The Forgotten Initiative
- Small groups can partner with our First Response team. TFI would contact the small groups as things are requested in an emergency type situations. Foster child needs a car seat, bed/bedding, etc.
- We are currently running low or are out of specific sizes of journey bags. These bags are given to foster youth as they are taking into care. It is a great opportunity for a small group to gather items, fill the bag, and pray for the child who will some day be receiving it.
- We have many tangible needs but currently we are out of the following : Case worker car kits, foster parent support kits, and gift cards for local agencies.
- We have also received a few project sunshine request. We need a conference room painted, updated, and better organized to meet training and staffing needs. This could be a great small group project.
- We have three play rooms / visit rooms at CYFS that are in need of some TLC. This would also include painting the play room, decorating it, better organization of toys and supplies, and possibly new couches/smaller furniture items.
Three different small groups could each take a room or they could be done all at once.
- We also have four play rooms / visit rooms at Children's home and aid that also need some TLC.
Again, this would include painting, decorating, organization, and in this situation some newer toys.
Please contact The Forgetton Initiative to volunteer as a small group.
Boys & Girls Club of Bloomington-Normal
Supply Drives: For individuals and organizations who lack time but are still looking for ways to support the Clubs we are always in need of new school supplies, holiday toys, sporting equipment, games, crafts and other supplies that make the Club a vibrant and special for young people. For information about how to give or support our Clubs through a supply drive, please contact Jenny Hal firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monthly Volunteer Opportunities: Birthday Cupcakes with Plates and Napkins: 160 (will cover all three locations); August 30, September 27, October 25, November 29, December 20; Seasonal Decorations: Decorate Club with seasonal décor, bulletin boards, Christmas, etc. (removing prior month and putting up current month): August – Back to School; October – Fall; November – Holiday; January – Winter; February – Valentines; March – St. Patrick’s; April – Spring; June - Summer
Beautification/Done-in-a-day Projects: Projects may include painting Club walls, tending gardens, organizing Club areas, “spring-cleaning,” or mural projects. Your efforts positively impact our youth by enhancing their environment and showing that the community cares about them and their Clubhouse. Please note that expenses involved with beautification projects need to be covered by the volunteer group.
Career Mentors: The Boys & Girls Club is focusing on increased programming related to the Career World. Our goal is to expose our Club members to professionals, work environments and industries that will expand their vision of the future. We are currently recruiting guest speakers and identifying local businesses that will allow our youth to visit their work site.
Family Fun Night Volunteer: As a Family Fun Night Volunteer you can assist Staff with preparation, implementation, and cleanup for two hours held the last Friday of every month. This is a great opportunity for any college student, parent, group, or individual looking to be involved in the Boys & Girls Clubs community.
Administrative Support: We often need volunteers for data entry, mailings, phones and front counter assistance. These volunteer positions are available at the Club.
Visit us at bgcbn.org/volunteering or call 309-829-3034 if you are interested in volunteering.